Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homemade Végépâté

In one of my past posts I wrote about Fontaine Sante's yummy végépâté. I also mentioned that I hadn't found a good végépâté recipe. A friend of ours sent us this one, so I tested it out. It's quiet different from the store bought one, but still super tasty and extra healthy since it's homemade. There's a lot of grating required; I used an old food processor that my Mom gave me that has a grater option, so it was quick and easy. Best part is it makes a lot! We go through the store bought one in a couple of days, this recipes makes about 4 times as much.
homemade Végépâté - one quarter of the recipe
Végépâté
½ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sunflower oil (don’t use olive or other, as it will affect the flavour)
1 carrot, grated
1 potato, grated
1 stalk celery, grated
2 onions, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
4 tblsp tamari
2 tblsp lemon juice
pinch of thyme
pinch of basil
½ cup hot water
Grate all vegetables into a bowl, add other ingredients except the water, and stir well.
When all ingredients are well mixed, gradually add hot water, little by little, stirring well in between each addition.
Bake uncovered in oiled square 8x8” pan @350ºF for 45 minutes.
Allow to cool and refrigerate.

No comments: