I made these muffins recently when I had a bunch of over ripe bananas and a large bag of chia seeds waiting to be used. I googled #vegan #banana #chia and found this recipe. Normally I'm not a huge fan of gluten free muffins, but these ones were good, and the kids LOVED them! They are super easy to make, and turned out nice and moist.
I substituted ground flax for ground almonds, and rice flour instead of tapioca flour, as I didn't have any on hand.
Vegan Banana and Chia Muffins
Author: Paleo With Mrs P
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack, Treat, Kids
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ° c
- In to a large mixing bowl place your bananas and mash until smooth and gloopy
- Add in your almond butter and mix thoroughly
- Now fold in the tapioca flour, ground almonds and baking powder and combine
- Add in the maple syrup and mix in
- Add in the chia seeds, mix in and allow to stand for 3-4 minutes
- In to a non stick muffin / cup cake pan place about 1.5tbsp mixture in to each and then place in to the oven for 25 minutes until they have risen and the tops are firm
- They might still feel a little soft, but don't worry- as they cool they will firm up a lot
- Allow to fully cool before taking out of the muffin pan and enjoy!