Monday, February 8, 2010

Oma's Secret to Happiness

Over the holidays I chatted with my Grandmother about life, love and happiness. At 96 years old, she has lots of experience, and is an inspiration to myself, and to anyone who's ever met her. We have a picture of her doing the plank pose (at 91 years old) posted up at the studio, people are constantly looking at this photo in awe and amazement. When I pass this info on to my grandmother, she always says "what's the big deal, it's just plank pose". I love her determination and strength! I think everyone could benefit from some words of wisdom from my Oma, so I caught some of it on video... (Oma is dutch for grandmother)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a lovely lady. What a blessing to have her in your life. M

roseanne said...

so sweet! she is a real inspiration. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a lovely thing for a grandchild to do! A lasting tribute to a remarkable lady who obviously is still enjoying her tea and cookies. Thanks, Joan

Suzanne Maagendans said...

Oma was right. Being selfless and focusing on others creates happiness as well as working more as a team and community. That's why being a mum is so fulfilling. It naturally brings out these traits in us.

Nour said...

Love your Oma!! She's so right about how feeling part of a community, with a shared purpose, would make us feel happier - even if it is during a war! Give her a massive hug from me (if she remembers the crazy Brit after all these years...). xxx