Saturday, May 8, 2010

Honoring our Mothers

A Mothers love and kindness does not always get the full appreciation it deserves. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I was not always the most grateful, loving daughter... my parents had to suffer through my dark and gloomy teenage years. But as I grew older and wiser, I once again saw the light.

My Mom is one of the kindest, most generous, loving and optimistic people I know. I am so lucky and blessed to have her as a Mother.

Mother's Day is a day to honor all the Mothers in our lives; our birth Mothers, spiritual Mothers, and of course the Mother of all, Mother Earth.

To celebrate Mother's Day, we'll be bringing lunch out to my parents house (Beautiful Borscht Soup & Apple Crumble from my favorite cookbook Get It Ripe) and then tea and cookies with Jason's family (Cowgrrrl Cookies, my nephews favorite). I spent the afternoon baking and cooking, so everything is made and ready to go, now the true test is for us not to eat it (3 cookies have already gone missing)!

Sending love and admiration to all the amazing Mothers out there!
xo
P.S. The photo was taken on our first Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica (my Mom was the first person to sign up)

No comments: